General Catering Assistant
Location: Edinburgh Airport
Salary: £8.31 per hour
Expires: 16/03/2020 23:59
General Assistant - Fixed Term Contract until 31st October 2020
About the role
A challenging yet rewarding opportunity were no 2 days are the same. As a General Catering Assistant you will work in either the Cold or Hot Kitchen department preparing and plating in-flight meals to a set menu, for both Economy and First Class passengers. An eye for detail is required as you will be required to work to the high standard set by each of the airlines.
You could also have the opportunity to work in other departments including Production or the Wash Department. You will be responsible for preparing, handling and packing food products, Equipment, stock handling and packing, cleaning and maintaining airline equipment.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work. Available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends. Full Time (40hrs per week)
- Enjoy working as part of team in a fast moving environment where deadlines are tight to ensure that flights depart on time
- You must be able to maintain a clean and safe workstation, working in a manner that promotes good health and safety practices
- You should also be willing to undertake some manual handling, bending and reaching as part of your normal duties.
- You should be able to complete basic numerical tasks as part of this role
If you are successful we will provide you with full training on all our processes and systems. In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations we will carry out a full 5 year employment background check on all successful applications. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete
- Free meals on site
- Free hot drinks on site
- Free parking on/near site
- All uniform, safety shoes and PPE provided
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Internal vacancy opportunities
Alpha LSG Ltd are a global provider of managed services. We provide in-flight catering and retail products to a variety of leading airlines. Throughout our 17 locations we cater more than 440 flights per day and service more airline customers (75+) than anyone else in the UK.
Free hot drinks on site
Free lunch and dinner on site
Free parking on/near site
Great Working Environment
In House Training
Uniform, safety shoes and PPE provided